The Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA) is one of the largest public transit systems in the country, making it easy to get around. Northeastern University’s Boston campus is directly served by the MBTA’s Orange and Green subway lines, and multiple bus lines. The Green Line E train stops at Northeastern on Huntington Ave in front of the Marino Center. The Orange Line stops at Ruggles. The Franklin, Needham, and Providence/Stoughton Lines of the Commuter Rail also stop at Ruggles. Visit https://www.mbta.com/ for schedules and information.
Northeastern University offers students, faculty, and staff commuters extra benefits, making public transportation affordable and easy.
Student Discounted Semester Pass Program
Northeastern University participates in the MBTA semester pass program offered for the Fall and Spring Semesters. Students receive an 11% discount on passes and must enroll through their myNortheastern portal. Passes are distributed by the Husky Card Office.
- The semester pass will save 11% off the standard monthly pass price
- Passes can be purchased through the Student Hub – NUPay
- 1 semester pass per student limit
- Fall semester passes must be purchased between June through early August
- Spring semester passes must be purchased from October to Early December
More information including updated timelines and instructions can be found on the huskycard website
For additional questions on purchasing an MBTA pass through Northeastern, please email [email protected]
Northeastern Employee Program
Northeastern offers faculty and staff a comprehensive pre-tax commuter program using convenient payroll deductions. Employees must enroll through their myNortheastern portal.
- Pre-tax transit limit parking maximum limit is $270/month
- $270 monthly pretax limit can be used for either transportation or parking
- Passes can be purchased through myNortheastern – Services and Links – HR Benefits & Services – Commuter Benefit
- Ordering deadline is the first day of the month (approximately 30 days before the Pass Month)
- Purchases are made through automatic payroll deduction
For more information, contact WageWorks at 877.924.3967, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, EST.